You have demonstrated that you are a leader – that’s why you are serving or considering service as an officer on your nonprofit board. And now, the organization is relying on you to provide the leadership needed to advance its mission, resulting in a positive change for your community. This governance training will prepare board leaders on how to create constructive and meaningful work for the board, which will lead to mission fulfillment and community change.
Participants will obtain an understanding of:
- Basic responsibilities of a nonprofit board
- Roles of board members and officers
- Principles of governance that power exceptional boards
- Common board shortcomings
- Characteristics of productive board meetings
Cindy Colson, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Center for Nonprofit Excellence
Cindy has over 18 years of leadership experience in the nonprofit sector working for nonprofits in human services and healthcare. She has worked on building strong collaborations with more than 65 nonprofits to develop programs and initiatives to address community needs. Upon completion of her MBA at the University of Mary Washington, Cindy sought opportunities to combine her love of the sector with her work in leadership. Cindy joined the CNE team in 2013. She incorporates her experience and knowledge as a nonprofit executive and board member into her training and consulting with nonprofit boards.
What You Need to Know:
- August 23, 2017, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Location: Best Western PLUS, Waynesboro (109 Apple Tree Lane)
- Registration is $35/person.