The Montebello Scholarship was established to provide funds for college scholarships to graduating seniors of Nelson County High School or attendees of Nelson County High School who earned their high school equivalency. Preference will be given to those who might not otherwise qualify for a scholarship opportunity, but demonstrate potential (minority candidates are encouraged to apply). If there are no applicants to satisfy this intent, the scholarship will not be awarded. Scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply for a second year of funding as long as the recipient continues to meet scholarship criteria and funds are available.
- An eligible recipient must be a graduating senior or have graduated (includes GED) from Nelson County High School.
- An eligible recipient must have plans to attend a Virginia Community College or vocational education program in Virginia only.
- An eligible recipient must demonstrate financial need, good character, and potential.
- Preference will be given, but not limited, to minority candidates and those who might not otherwise qualify for a scholarship opportunity.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
- Financial Need – 70%
- Good character and potential – 30%
- The candidate will be selected by the Nelson County High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2017 Award Amount
March 20, 2017
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.