The Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge is honored to offer over 65 scholarship opportunities, which will distribute over $130,000 each year. Our scholarships benefit graduating high school seniors and adult learners seeking new skills and higher education, and includes the pursuit of a technical certificate at a community college or trade school, associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or graduate degree.
With a few exceptions, only one online scholarship application is required to apply to our scholarship program.
Who May Apply?
Currently, most Community Foundation scholarships are available to residents of the independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro, and the counties of Augusta, Highland, and Nelson in Virginia. Although there are unique eligibility requirements for each scholarship, we designed our online scholarship application to help us match you to the specific scholarships for which you are eligible.
2020 Scholarship Timeline:
- June 1, 2019 – Express your intent to apply to the 2020 Scholarship Program and receive email notification of available scholarships and updates.
- October 1, 2019 – 2020 Scholarship Program opens
- February 24, 2020 – Scholarship application deadline
- exceptions exist for certain scholarships
- May 2020 – Scholarship recipients are notified
- July 2020 – Scholarship payments are sent directly to the educational institutions or programs of the scholarship recipients
If you have questions or need any additional information, please contact your Guidance Counselor, GRASP Advisor, or Community Foundation staff member, Miriam Burrows.
Additionally, be sure to check out these other Scholarship Opportunities!