The Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge administers over 30 scholarship funds, distributing over $100,000 for graduating high school seniors and adults seeking new skills and higher education, and includes the pursuit of a technical certificate at a community college or trade school, associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or graduate degree.
With a few exceptions, only one online scholarship application is required to apply to our scholarship program. The 2019 Scholarship Program will open on December 1, 2018 and will have an application deadline of March 5, 2019.
Who May Apply?
There are unique eligibility requirements for each scholarship. Currently, most Community Foundation scholarships are available to residents of the independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro, and the counties of Augusta, Highland, and Nelson in Virginia.
2019 Scholarship Timeline (exceptions exist for certain scholarships)
- August, 1 2018 – Sign up to receive email notification of available scholarships
- December 1, 2018 – 2019 Scholarship Program opens–APPLY NOW
- March 5, 2019 – Scholarship application deadline
- May 2019 – Scholarship recipients are notified
- July 2019 – Scholarship payments are sent directly to the educational institutions or programs of the scholarship recipients
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact your Guidance Counselor, GRASP Advisor, or Community Foundation staff member, Miriam Burrows, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-213-2150.