The Christopher DeWitt “Chris” Rockwell Memorial Scholarship was established in 1998 by family and friends, in loving memory of Chris and in honor of his life. Chris Rockwell graduated from Robert E. Lee High School in 1986 and from Randolph Macon College in 1990. Chris Rockwell, former teacher and coach at Riverheads High School, was loved and admired by all who knew him.
The Christopher DeWitt “Chris” Rockwell Memorial Scholarship was established to provide funds for educational scholarships to female senior athletes at Riverheads High School for one academic year. The applicant must have plans to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university.
- An eligible student must be a graduating female senior athlete at Riverheads High School.
- An eligible student must demonstrate good scholarship (includes improved G.P.A.), athletic ability (includes improved ability), leadership, integrity, and morality.
- An eligible student shall be someone who will reflect positively on Riverheads High School and imbue the attributes and qualities for which Chris Rockwell strove for his students and athletes.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria use by the Selection Committee
- Good scholarship- someone who has demonstrated real effort at improving their G.P.A.
- Athletic ability- someone who has demonstrated real effort at improving their athletic skills
- Leadership/ Integrity/ Morality
- The candidate will be selected by the Riverheads High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2021 Award Amount
March 1, 2021
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.