The Buddy and Carolyn Holbert Scholarship was established by Mr. and Mrs. Holbert to provide scholarship opportunities to seniors at Riverheads High School. Buddy spent many years coaching Little League and even spent time at RHS coaching baseball and softball.
The Buddy and Carolyn Holbert Scholarship was established to provide funds for educational scholarships to graduating seniors at Riverheads High School who have financial need. Preference shall be given to students pursuing a technical education beyond high school, including technical programs and/or two-year to four-year degrees.
- Must be a graduating senior at Riverheads High School
- Financial need
- Demonstrates motivation to be successful
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Character qualities of respect, integrity, responsibility, etc.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited educational institution in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Riverheads High School Selection Committee
- Financial need
- Good conduct and high moral values
- Good scholarship – someone who has demonstrated real effort at improving their G.P.A.
- Future education and career plans
- The candidate will be selected by the Riverheads High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2019 Award Amount
March 5, 2019 (Online application will be available on December 1, 2018)
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or clarification.