The John W. Greene Memorial Scholarship was established to provide funds for educational scholarships to current or lifetime Waynesboro First Aid Crew members and/or their family members and current or lifetime Waynesboro Fire Department members and/or their family members. The member of each respective organization must have successfully completed his or her probationary period and be in good standing with the organization. There will be four $1,000 scholarships available for the 2019/2020 academic school year (limit one scholarship per applicant per year). There are no restrictions to the school or field of study. Recipients must re-apply each year to receive additional funding. No one person can receive the scholarship more than four times in a lifetime. Applications are due November 1, 2018.
- An eligible recipient must be a current or lifetime Waynesboro First Aid Crew member/Waynesboro Fire Department member and/or family of a current or lifetime Waynesboro First Aid Crew/Waynesboro Fire Department member.
- Family is defined as follows: Spouse, Parent, Step-parent, Child, Step-child, Grandparent, Grandchild or Step-Grandchild.
- Members must have successfully completed their probationary period and be in good standing with their respective organization.
- Late and/or incomplete applications received after the November 1, 2018 deadline will not be considered.
- No one person can receive the scholarship more than four times in a lifetime
Selection Criteria used by the Selection Committee
- Financial Need- 60%
- Financial need will be assessed by the John W. Greene Memorial Scholarship Selection Committee using the Statement of Financial Need which is included in the scholarship application.
- Essays- 20%
- Crew/Department Involvement- 20%
- Candidates will be selected by a Community Foundation appointed scholarship selection committee, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2019 Award Amount
November 1, 2018
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.