Saunders Brothers, Inc. is proud to be a premier supplier of superb-quality plant material for garden centers, landscapers, and public gardens throughout the Eastern United States. The Saunders family is excited to offer this scholarship opportunity to all residents of Nelson County, as well as the employees of Saunders Brothers, Inc., and their children and grandchildren.
Established to provide educational scholarship assistance to high school seniors who are Nelson County residents and/or Saunders Brothers, Inc. employees and/or their family members. Candidates for the Scholarship must have demonstrated a desire and passion to pursue higher education.
- An eligible candidate must be a graduating high school senior (includes home-schooled or private school)
- Preference will be given to Saunders Brothers, Inc. employees and/or their family members (child/step-child, grandchild/step-grandchild)
- Preference will also be given to applicants planning to attend Virginia Tech.
- An eligible candidate must demonstrate financial need
- An eligible candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- An eligible candidate should have a record of involvement in extracurricular activities
- An eligible candidate must have plans to enroll at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the continental United States the following academic year
2022 Award Amount
To be determined. This scholarship is renewable for three additional years given the recipient continues to satisfy the scholarship criteria.
March 1, 2022
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or clarification.