The Tyler James Grimm Memorial Scholarship was established in 2003 by Tyler’s grandparents, in loving memory of their grandson and in honor of his life. Tyler was a senior at Uniontown Area High School, Uniontown, PA, where he was a member of the band and soccer team. Tyler was passionate about music and enjoyed playing many types of music on his guitar.
The Tyler James Grimm Memorial Scholarship was established to provide annual scholarships to graduating seniors of Uniontown Area High School, Uniontown, PA, who plan to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university.
• An eligible student must be a graduating senior at Uniontown Area High School.
• An eligible student must demonstrate musical talent and a genuine love of music.
• An eligible student must demonstrate academic achievement, giving evidence of probable success in his/her chosen field of study.
• An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited four-year college or university in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
• The student’s academic record and achievements must give evidence of probable success in his/her chosen field of study.
• The student’s love of music and demonstrated musical talent, although a major in music in college is not a requirement for the scholarship.
• The candidate will be selected by the Uniontown Area High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2014 Award Amount
How to Apply
All applications are due March 19, 2014. Applications are electronic and must be completed online. Click on the link below to apply.
No close relative of a Community Foundation Board Member, Staff, Scholarship Donor or the Selection Committee is eligible to apply. Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 for additional information and/or clarification.