The Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge, in partnership with The Highland Center (THC), established the Highland County Youth Philanthropy Council (HC YPC) in 2016 to provide opportunities for Highland youth to practice leadership, philanthropy, and decision-making skills.
This year, the HC YPC consists of five students (9th-12th grade) from Highland High School. They will review each application and evaluate it based on its effectiveness at addressing the priorities listed below. Their ultimate goal is to support local nonprofits in their work, fill current gaps in community resources, and spur innovative approaches to solving long standing community problems.
The Highland County YPC announces the availability of $10,000 in grant funding and invites local nonprofit organizations to submit an application addressing affordable housing, entertainment, transportation, and better food sources for the Highland County Community.
- Deadline: Wednesday, May 5, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. EST (Midnight)
- Notification: Grant announcements will be made mid-to-late June, 2022
- Distribution: Grants will be distributed late June, 2022
REQUIREMENTS & RESTRICTIONS:
The Highland County YPC does not provide funding for the following:
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c) (3) of the IRS;
- Religious organizations, unless the particular program will benefit a large portion of the community without regard to religious affiliation.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of age, color, citizenship, disability, disabled veteran status, gender, race, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, military service or status.
For more information, contact Miriam Burrows at email@example.com or by calling 540-213-2150.