Throughout our community we will forever witness the contributions of our dear friend, the late Rita S. Wilson. She worked continually to grow as an individual, make the most of her life, and support her family, friends, and the community at large.
The Rita S. Wilson Memorial Scholarship will support residents of Staunton and Augusta County seeking to continue their education. In addition to supporting high school seniors as they transition to college, the scholarship will be made available to adults in the workforce who, like Rita, choose to pursue higher levels of education and new skills.
- High School Seniors
- Must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year from a public high school in Staunton or Augusta County who has been accepted into a certification program, or a program leading to an Associate or Bachelor degree at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Adult Learners
- Must be a resident of Staunton or Augusta County who has already graduated from high school (including GED), been active in the workforce, and been accepted into a certification program, or a program leading to an Associate, Bachelor, or Master’s degree at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Applicants shall demonstrate financial need and academic merit.
- An eligible applicant must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year or have graduated (includes GED) and plan to enroll in a certification program and/or an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Evaluation Committee
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Overall presentation of the information requested in the application.
- The candidate will be selected by a Community Foundation appointed scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2017 Award Amount
March 20, 2017
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.