The Community Foundation proudly supports nonprofit organizations serving the independent cities of Staunton and Waynesboro, and counties of Augusta, Nelson, and Highland, including the 85 organizations to which we presented $335,000 in grants during our 2017 Community Grants ceremony on May 2. These grants represent approximately one third of the total grants, scholarships, and awards that we anticipate presenting throughout 2017.
2018 Community Grants Timeline:
- December 2017 – Community Grants application will open
- February 2018 – Community Grants application deadline
- April 2018 – Notification sent to grant award recipients
- June 2018 – Community Grant Awards Ceremony
Eligible grant recipients include tax-exempt 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, including fiscal sponsors of individuals and organizations, engaged in charitable activities that address the needs of the communities we serve. We encourage you to contact us so that we might provide our advice concerning your future grant application and review our Frequently Asked Questions.
We accept applications for support of the following:
- General Operating Support
- Continuing Programs (programs, including capital projects, that have been in existence for 12 months or more)
- New Programs (programs, including capital projects, launched recently or to be launched within the next 12 months)
Sponsorships: If you are seeking support for a short-term event (duration of up to one week), we have created a separate budget for responding to such requests. Do not complete the Community Grant application. Simply submit your request in writing, at any time, to Dan Layman at email@example.com or P.O. Box 815, Staunton, VA 24402.