The Ethel Driver Memorial Scholarship was established by her family to serve as a memorial to Mary Ethel Driver. Mary Ethel Driver was a life long resident of Augusta County, who taught second grade in Staunton for 42 years.
The Ethel Driver Memorial Scholarship was established for graduating seniors at Fort Defiance High School, planning a career in education. Scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply annually for up to four years as long as the recipient continues to meet scholarship criteria and funds are available.
- An eligible student must be a senior at Fort Defiance High School.
- An eligible student must be planning a career in education.
- An eligible student must demonstrate financial need.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
- Financial need- 50%
- Academic achievement- 50%
- Preference will be given to an applicant who is a member of the Pleasant Valley Church of the Brethren, Weyers Cave, VA. Please state in your application if you attend Pleasant Valley Church of the Brethren.
- The candidate will be selected by the Fort Defiance High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2022 Award Amount
$1,000 (may reapply annually for three additional years totaling $4,000)
March 1, 2022
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or clarification.