Established by the Rockingham Feeder Cattle Association, this scholarship honors the memory of Kenny Rodeffer, a Virginia Department of Agriculture Livestock Grader and farmer in Bridgewater, VA who was an avid supporter of improved livestock production and agriculture.
The Kenny W. Rodeffer Scholarship supports graduating high school seniors from the counties of Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, and Rockingham, who are pursuing a two- or four-year degree in an agricultural related field.
- An eligible applicant must be a graduating high school senior at a public high school in the counties of Augusta, Highland, Rockbridge, Rockingham.
- An eligible applicant must have plans to pursue a college degree in an agricultural related field.
- An eligible applicant must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours) in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
- Academic/scholastic achievement
- Involvement in agricultural youth programs such as 4-H clubs and FFA chapters
- Other extracurricular activities
2020 Award Amount
April 15, 2020
If you wish to contribute
If you wish to support livestock and agriculture initiatives in our community, while also honoring the life of Kenny Rodeffer, we welcome your donations of any amount. The Community Foundation of the Central Blue Ridge holds the fund on behalf of the Rockingham Feeder Cattle Association.
- Please mail your check, made payable to the Community Foundation, to P.O. Box 815, Staunton, VA 24402 (note “Rodeffer Scholarship” on the memo line).
- You may also donate using your credit card. Donate Now