The Kivlighan Family Scholarship was created in 2021 to honor their family’s history with the Staunton Public Schools, where many members of the family received their education, and the choice of many family members to dedicate their careers to education.
The Kivlighan Family Scholarship was established to offer assistance to graduating seniors of Staunton High School in need of support to pursue their post-secondary education.
- An eligible student must be a graduating senior at Staunton High School.
- An eligible student must demonstrate financial need.
- An eligible student must have a track record of hard work and dedication to succeed in school and in life. Academic achievement for this scholarship is not necessarily measured by GPA.
- An eligible student must have plans to attend a two-year or four-year college or university in the state of Virginia.
2021 Award Amount
- $1,000 to a student pursuing a four-year degree at a Virginia college or university
- $500 to a student pursuing a two-year degree at a Virginia community college
March 1, 2022
The Kivlighan family welcomes contributions to the Scholarship offered in loving memory of Jim Kivlighan, Sr. (d. March 19, 2021). You may do so online or mail a check payable to the Community Foundation to P.O. Box 815, Staunton, VA 24402. Please contact Menieka Garber with any questions at email@example.com or 540-213-2150.
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or clarification.