The Peter Veglahn Memorial Scholarship serves as a memorial to Peter “Pete” Veglahn who was a long time member of the Shenandoah Valley Society for Human Resource Management (SVSHRM) and a member of the Virginia SHRM State Council. Through Pete’s work on behalf of SHRM and his career as a professor at James Madison University, he made many positive contributions to the advancement of the human resource profession.
The Peter Veglahn Memorial Scholarship was established to provide funds for college scholarships to college students pursuing a career in human resources. The successful candidate must reside or attend school in the SVSHRM membership area of Shenandoah, Rockingham, Page and Augusta Counties, including the cities within those Virginia counties.
• An eligible applicant must be enrolled in a Human Resources (HR) or HR-related program leading to a degree.
• An eligible applicant must reside or attend school in the SVSHRM membership area of Shenandoah, Rockingham, Page and Augusta Counties, including the cities within those Virginia counties.
• An eligible applicant must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate program or full or part-time in a graduate or adult-degree program, at an accredited college or university in the Continental United States.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
• Demonstrated commitment to a career in Human Resources
• Community Service and Extracurricular Activities
• Demonstrated Leadership
• Other Scholarships applied for/received
• The candidate will be selected by a Community Foundation appointed selection committee along with the current SVSHRM President or appointed SHRM representative for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2018 Award Amount
To be determined, $1,000 was awarded in 2017
April 16, 2018
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.