The R.S. Yeago, Jr. Scholarship was established by CFW Communications Company in honor of the late Robert S. Yeago, Jr. for his many years of leadership with the company and contribution to the local community. Mr. Yeago was born and raised in Middlebrook and attended the Staunton Dunsmore Business College.
The R.S. Yeago, Jr. Scholarship Fund was established to provide funds for educational scholarships to outstanding graduating seniors at Riverheads High School.
- An eligible student must be a graduating senior at Riverheads High School.
- An eligible student shall demonstrate outstanding scholastic achievement, leadership, school/community activities, high moral values and financial need.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
- Scholastic achievement
- Extra-curricular activities
- Community involvement
- Good conduct and high moral values
- Financial need
- The candidate will be selected by the Riverheads High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2021 Award Amount
March 1, 2021
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or clarification.