The V.F. and Susan S. Reynolds Scholarship was established in 2007 by their five children, all Waynesboro High School graduates. Mr. Reynolds served with the U.S. Coast Guard during World War II, retiring with the rank of Ensign, and began his career in order to provide for his growing family. An avid reader, he published one book The Long Shadow of Memory in 1967. Mrs. Reynolds grew up in Waynesboro and was a teacher for 27 years in the Waynesboro Public School system. She taught music, physical education, and English. “V” and Susan Reynolds were active members of their church and volunteered in the community, working with youth and serving in leadership positions in local and civic organizations.
The V.F. and Susan S. Reynolds Scholarship was established to provide funds for college scholarships to graduating seniors of Waynesboro High School, planning a career in education.
- An eligible student must be a senior at Waynesboro High School.
- An eligible student must be planning a career in education.
- An eligible student must have a minimum 3.0 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale and be in the top 25% of the class.
- An eligible student must demonstrate financial need and be actively involved in extracurricular school and community activities.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited college or university in the Continental United States the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
- 3.0 G.P.A. (on a 4.0 scale) and Class Rank (top 25% of the class) – 25%
- Plans for a career in Education – 25%
- Extracurricular activities in school and community- 25%
- Financial Need- 25%
- The candidate will be selected by the Waynesboro High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2021 Award Amount
March 1, 2021
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and/or clarification.