The Waynesboro High School Alumni Scholarship was established in 2005 by Waynesboro High School Alumni, to provide funds for college scholarships to graduating seniors of Waynesboro High School, who have financial need and are well rounded.
- An eligible student must be a graduating senior at Waynesboro High School.
- An eligible student must demonstrate outstanding academic work, financial need and strong participation in school and community activities with an emphasis on leadership.
- An eligible student must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year and plan to enroll at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university the following academic year.
Selection Criteria Used by the Selection Committee
- Financial need- 60%
- Academic promise- 25% (i.e., prepared and ready for college environment
- Community service with emphasis on leadership- 15%
- The candidate will be selected by the Waynesboro High School scholarship selection committee for recommendation to the Community Foundation, in accordance with the Community Foundation’s Conflict of Interest Policy.
2021 Award Amount
March 1, 2021
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.