The Hailey Green Memorial Scholarship was established at the Community Foundation in loving memory of Hailey and in honor of her compassionate and nurturing personality. Hailey graduated from Fort Defiance High School in May of 2019 and had plans to attend Eastern Mennonite University to pursue a degree in Nursing. Hailey was described by her friends, teachers, and family as “always having a smile on her face and a willingness to help and care for others.” During high school, Hailey spent 12 athletic seasons volunteering as a student assistant in the Fort Defiance Sports Medicine program. She was destined to pursue a career in which she could continue caring for others. Tragically, Hailey lost her life on July 31, 2019 in a head-on collision when a car veered into her lane. A beautiful soul taken from this earth far too soon.
If you would like to make a contribution in loving memory of Hailey, you may do so online or mail a check payable to the Community Foundation to P.O. Box 815, Staunton, VA 24402. Please contact Menieka Garber with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-213-2150.
The Hailey Green Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior of Fort Defiance High School who, like Hailey, has plans to pursue a career in the medical field.
- An eligible student must be a senior at Fort Defiance High School.
- An eligible student must be a candidate for high school graduation at the end of the current academic year with plans to pursue a licensure/certification, two-year degree, or four-year degree in a medical field.
- Examples include, but are not limited to the following: Nursing (CNA/RN), Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Dental Hygienist, etc.
- An eligible student must demonstrate academic merit (30%).
- An eligible student must demonstrate financial need (70%).
2022 Award Amount
March 1, 2022
Please contact the Community Foundation at 540-213-2150 or email@example.com for additional information and/or clarification.